Monday, October 3, 2016

Gift Idea: Treat your Feet Gift Bag!

 

OK.  So you know how every Christmas, you have people on your gift list that you would like to remember but don't want to spend a fortune?  You also want them to know that they mean something, so instead of spending a lot of money, you take the time to make them something that they can actually use.  Usually, when I am considering all this, I also take into account whether or not it is a gift I would use.  When I found this idea on Pinterest, I knew it was a gooder (yes, that is a word - in my dictionary).
 
The trick to not spending a fortune is that a lot of this stuff can be bought at the Dollar Store.  If you can buy something at the Dollar Store that is the same quality as elsewhere, why not spend less?  Seriously, emery boards?  Dollar Store.  In fact, the emery boards at the Dollar Store were super cute.  Name brand lotion and nail polish? If your Dollar Store stocks it, get it there.  If not, you can always get nicer lotions in the travel section of WalMart, and you can also find good deals on nice nail polish there.  The slippers were actually from WalMart.  Since they are the main item in the bag, I spent a little extra on them, just so the gift looked a little more substantial.  I bought some nice ribbon and festive bells to decorate, printed out some nice tags, wrapped everything in cellophane and viola!  You can choose to put whatever you want in these bags.  I included slippers, lotion, nail polish, and emery boards.  You can add more if you choose.  The sky is the limit!
 
Oh, and another great thing about these gift bags is that you can customize them to the occasion, or to the person.  One of the above was for someone with a little more of a "vampy" style.  I am sure you can figure out which one.


No comments:

Post a Comment