Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Chocolate Zucchini Loaf Review

 
You are going to notice a lot of posts about Zucchini.  It's that time of year, and as I mentioned I have a bounty to get rid of. 

I found this recipe on Pinterest (of course).  I have said this before, but I really am all about trying to get my recipes as healthy as possible without sacrificing taste.  When I saw this recipe, I thought it looked close to being as good as the chocolate zucchini cake that I make.  It had big shoes to fill.
Here is the recipe I used:

Please keep in mind, I have altered this recipe to make it slightly healthier.  If you want to change it, you can use regular oil and regular sugar, as well as all white flour.

Chocolate Zucchini Loaf

Makes 2 loaves

2/3 cup melted coconut oil
1 3/4 coconut sugar
4 eggs
3 cups grated zucchini
2/3 cup of milk
2 tsp vanilla
3 cups flour (I used half whole wheat and half unbleached white)
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cloves ( I heaped this because I love cloves)
1/2 cup cocoa
1 cup of mini chocolate chips

1. Stir together oil, sugar, eggs, zucchini, milk, and vanilla in a large mixing bowl.
2. Mix together all dry ingredients until cocoa is blended evenly throughout.
3. Add dry ingredients to wet and blend just until combined.  Fold in chocolate chips.
4. Pour evenly into 2 loaf pans and bake for 45-50 minutes at 350 degrees or until a toothpick comes out clean.  Cool in pan for 5 minutes and turn onto a cooling rack until completely cooled.

Don't these look delicious?

Chocolate Zucchini Loaf
I froze one of these, and the other one was gone within 24 hours.  Everyone loved it, and thought it tasted excellent.  This one gets a thumbs up from me!


What to search for on Pinterest: Chocolate Zucchini Loaf
Pros: Chocolate chips, has zucchini in it and kids can't tell, easy and quick
Cons: Really tasty (but not quite as tasty as my cake), quick to make
Would I make this again? Yes

No comments:

Post a Comment